Centralized Syslog Made Easy
If you have a lot of servers, then you have a lot of logfiles. If you have a lot of logfiles, then you probably want one place to look at all of them.
This talk will cover:
- How to set up a centralized syslog server
- How to point your other servers’ syslog daemons to the centralized server
- Security implications of centralizing syslog
- Security advantages of centralizing syslog
- Best practices and common pitfalls of centralized syslogging
- What to do with all these logfiles
There will be time at the end for Questions And Answers, and the slides, along with a recording of the talk, will be uploaded afterwards.
I am a self-taught Linux Systems Administrator currently living and working in Washington. I love teaching, learning, and Free Software. I spoke at SeaGL 2017 and look forward to SeaGL 2018. I also enjoy exploring the worlds of cooking and music.