Volunteer for SeaGL
Organization for SeaGL 2023 has kicked off!
2023 marks our 11th year as an all-volunteer staffed FLOSS conference. With three virtual events under our belt, the plan is to begin our second decade with a return to an in-person experience in Seattle. However, to maintain the remote participants who have joined us, we will be pushing for a hybrid setting. Would you like to lend a beak or wing to the effort?
Let us know you’d like to help out and we’ll send an invitation to our bi-monthly organizing meetings.
The volunteer work needed to put SeaGL together is roughly organized into the following committees. Specific skill gaps will be added as they are identified.
- Attendee Experience: Focusing on attendee matters and prioritizing the SeaGL community.
- CoC (Code of Conduct): Making sure the policies and protocols in place keep SeaGL a safe space.
- Finance: Keeping an eye on the SeaGL books and issuing reimbursements.
- IDEA: Promoting inclusion, diversity, equity, and access at SeaGL and beyond.
- Partnerships: Connecting SeaGL with other groups, organizations, and sponsors.
- Programming & Flow: Packing the SeaGL program with amazing content.
- Promotion & Outreach: Spreading the word about SeaGL world wide.
- SRE/Technical: Central nest for SeaGL technical operations.
- Volunteers: Keeping the SeaGL staff happy and recruiting new volunteers to the flock.
Sponsors and Non-Profit Exhibitors
We are currently updating the sponsor prospectus for SeaGL 2023.
In-kind contributions are accepted from media and local partners. Free space is made available for non-profit and educational organizations. Please see our sponsors page for a list of current supporters and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further partnership opportunities!