Volunteer for SeaGL
2023 marks our 11th year as an all-volunteer staffed FLOSS conference. With three virtual events under our belt, the plan is to begin our second decade with a return to an in-person experience in Seattle. However, to maintain the remote participants who have joined us, we will be pushing for a hybrid setting.
Would you like to lend a beak or wing to the effort? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or hop into our Matrix channel and say hi! You can also fill out our Volunteer Interest Form to let us know how you’d like to help out.
The volunteer work needed to put SeaGL together is roughly organized into the following committees. Specific skill gaps will be added as they are identified.
- Attendee Experience: Focusing on attendee matters and prioritizing the SeaGL community.
- CoC (Code of Conduct): Making sure the policies and protocols in place keep SeaGL a safe space.
- Finance: Keeping an eye on the SeaGL books and issuing reimbursements.
- IDEA: Promoting inclusion, diversity, equity, and access at SeaGL and beyond.
- Partnerships: Connecting SeaGL with other groups, organizations, and sponsors.
- Programming & Flow: Packing the SeaGL program with amazing content.
- Promotion & Outreach: Spreading the word about SeaGL world wide.
- SRE/Technical: Central nest for SeaGL technical operations.
- Volunteers: Keeping the SeaGL staff happy and recruiting new volunteers to the flock.
Sponsors and Non-Profit Exhibitors
We are currently updating the sponsor prospectus for SeaGL 2023.
In-kind contributions are accepted from media and local partners. Free space is made available for non-profit and educational organizations. Please see our sponsors page for a list of current supporters and email us at email@example.com to discuss further partnership opportunities!