2016 CFP is now open!
Calling all speakers! Our 2016 Call for Participation is open!
We are a local Seattle conference dedicated to supporting newer local speakers! SeaGL welcomes speakers of various backgrounds and levels of experience – Even if you’ve never spoken at a technical conference. If you’re excited about GNU/Linux technologies, or free and open source software and communities, then we want to hear your ideas.
The CFP deadline is midnight PDT, August 1, 2016.
Our talk format is generally 50 minutes of speaking followed by 10 minutes of questions. Here are some topic ideas:
- How to get involved in free and open source software
- Career tips and strategies
- Web development tools
- Policy and licensing affecting free and open source software development
- Hardware, Embedded Linux, or the Internet of Things
- Scaling and optimizing GNU/Linux
- The “cloud” and other distributed services
- Building free and open source communities
- Using free software at home, work, or school
- Security and privacy online
- Anything else that you think would be interesting to new or seasoned GNU/Linux enthusiasts!