Nominations are Open for the Cascadia Community Builder Award
Nominations are open until August 16th for the second Cascadia Community Builder Award!
This is an award for a local person who has made an outstanding contribution to the free software movement. We will consider the following criteria:
- Someone whose free software work is based in Washington, Oregon, British Columbia or Idaho
- Someone who has applied deep commitment and creativity to growing and broadening the free software community.
- We recognize work in software projects, non-profit organizations, outreach and education, hacker-spaces and/or user groups
- We are also open to any other activity that promotes the adoption and appreciation of free software to more people
- The committee is very interested in individuals who have successfully reached out to traditionally under-represented groups
To nominate someone, please send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org with the nominee’s name in the subject line. Great nominations will include what project(s) the nominee is primarily associated with, how long they’ve been active, and links to any posts or stories about their impact on the growth and reach of the free software movement. The more information you can provide, the better. Thanks in advance for helping us honor a great community builder!
If you want to speak with us in real-time, come visit us on IRC on Freenode in #seagl.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, either by emailing email@example.com or visting us on IRC on Freenode in #seagl.