SeaGL 2020: DAY 1!
Today is the day! Day 1 of SeaGL begins today! Here is the full SeaGL 2020 program, and please read on for today’s schedule, for Friday, November 13, 2020. As a reminder, SeaGL 2020 is completely virtual. SeaGL is also completely free as in tea with no registration required, so everyone is welcome to attend.
You can attend if you go to attend.seagl.org. Live streams are also available at seagl.org/watch.
Normal talk blocks are 30m - 20m for the talk, 10m for optional Q&A as led by the Room Moderator. The Moderator will read questions from the text chat audience for the speaker to answer. There are 15 minute spaces between talks, which means that the talk blocks are listed as 45 minutes long. There is no Q&A during Keynotes.
All times are listed in Pacific Standard Time, which is UTC -08:00
- 9:00am Opening announcements by Wm Salt Hale
- 9:10am Keynote by Máirín Duffy
- 9:35am Keynote by Daniel Takamori
- Mariatta Wijaya - Oops! I Became an Open Source Maintainer!
- Mariah Villarreal - Rise Up for Free Software in Schools!
- Neil McGovern - Patently Obvious
- Ruth Ikegah - A Beginner-Inclusive Approach to Open Source
- Stephen Wilson - The Open Digital Photography Workflow
- Nočnica Fee - Data Liberation: Open Source Observability
- der.hans - FLOSS and you
- Suraj Kumar Mahto - Introducing FOSS Culture at Universities
- Gareth Greenaway - Open Source Secrets Management
12:15pm-1:15pm block - go eat some lunch, come back at 1:15pm PST :)
- Megan Guiney - Democratizing Documentation
- Josh Boykin - Gaming for Good: Using Passions and Technology for Social Change
- Mike Hamrick - Features of a Modern Terminal Emulator
- Jill Rouleau - Demystifying Contributor Culture: IRC, Mailing Lists, and Netiquette for the 21st Century
- Elijah C. Voigt - Let’s Make Games with Rust
2:45pm-3:30pm is TeaGL! Bring the tea your TeaGL buddy sent you, and come enjoy the company of tea lovers even if you didn’t sign up for the Tea Swap!
- Sumana Harihareswara - Stand-up comedy about FLOSS
- Kaylea Champion - How to build a zombie detector: Identifying software quality problems
- Rowin Andruscavage - Overclocking for your Mind and Body
4:30pm and on - Cocktails and Mocktails Evening Social, as presented by Benjamin Mako Hill
If you have any questions about any of these, please pop into attend.seagl.org and we’ll get you set right up!