Seeking SeaGL 2023 Volunteers
Hello FLO (free/libre/open) friends! With the return to in-person activities this year, we are looking to expand our all-volunteer conference committees with new volunteers for SeaGL 2023 - and a chairperson to help recruit these volunteers. Think you might be a good fit or have a friend to put forward? You’re in the right place!
As an all-volunteer staff, there aren’t enough of us to run an entire conference by ourselves. For example, we need people to help answer questions and run the video streams too. As the event is rapidly approaching, we are therefore actively seeking someone to coordinate our at-event volunteers! This person would:
- work with the other committee chairs to create a list of what areas need volunteers
- create a list of how many volunteers are needed for each area
- update materials for volunteers, training and reference
- schedule volunteer trainings
- recruit volunteers, pre-event and on-site
- on-board new volunteers, especially to the Matrix space
- attend all staff meetings to update and coordinate with other committee chairs
Aside from that, we have plenty of things to do, especially related to the Attendee Experience, IDEA, and Promotion/Outreach committees - let us know if any of these areas sound interesting to you. And of course if you want to sign up to be an at-event volunteer, we’d love that too!
If you’d like more info, please reach out to us on Matrix or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also welcome you to fill out this volunteer application form. However you get ahold of us, we’ll try to respond within 48 hours.
Thank you for reading, and we hope that you consider becoming an important part of one of the best FLO community conferences!