Call for Volunteers
SeaGL is approaching fast, and we need your help! SeaGL is a completely volunteer run conference, and with our new ✨technical landscape ✨we’re going to need some extra hands. Please email email@example.com if you’re interested in volunteering and we will send you the sign up sheet! Here’s what we need help with:
Be in our Help Desk IRC channel to answer common questions about registration, recording, talk tracks, etc. We will provide FAQ fact sheet that will hopefully answer most questions, and give you direct contact info for SeaGL staff in case a question comes up you can’t answer.
Host the talk!
- Be in a dedicated video call with the speaker
- Be in the talk 10 minutes before it starts to chat with the speaker, get name pronunciation + preferences, etc.
- Introduce the speaker if they’d like
- Give speaker time cues if they’d like
- Questions will be asked in the track IRC channel. Ask questions aloud to speaker on video call during Q&A.
- Enforce Code of Conduct in IRC channel
- Escalate to SeaGL staff if needed
All volunteers will be trained on the Code of Conduct and on their roles 2 weeks before the conference - if you’d like to volunteer, we will do everything we can to ensure you feel prepared before the conference!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in volunteering or have questions, and we will send you the sign-up sheet. We’re happy to have you help whenever works for your schedule. SeaGL could not happen without our volunteers, and we would love to have you be a part of our community!